Hauraton Sportfix® drainage systems and solutions for sports venues
February 12, 2021
Hauraton, a world-leader in modular surface drainage systems has been a part of major projects across international markets for over 60 years.
The specialist drainage system manufacturer developed it’s first linear drainage system in 1956 and is renowned for quality, reliability, durability and outstanding service.
Hauraton has been providing specialist drainage systems and ancillary products for major sports stadia and venues for over 40 years. Its systems are used to drain, treat, store and recycle storm and irrigation water in the sports field.
Hauraton has production facilities, subsidiary offices, technical engineers and trade partners located in many regions of the world, for support at every stage of the construction process, from design to installation. The company has a dedicated team exclusively for the design of sports projects.
Sportfix®: Drainage solutions for sports venues
Sportfix® is recognised globally by stadia design and construction professionals for quality and innovation, while combining both practical performance and aesthetic appeal to meet specific project requirements.
Sportfix® products also meet stringent World Athletics requirements and international standards for design and construction of athletics stadiums and venues. Its portfolio of products include:
• Sportfix® Polypropylene (PP) products are manufactured from high-quality recycled composites and are 100% recyclable allowing life-time use. Hauraton Environmental Management System is DIN EN ISO 14001:2015 certified. HAURATON drainage systems can assist forcredits based on the BREEAM and LEED rating systems.
• Sportfix® Aluminium curbings for accurate, versatile marking of 400m running tracks.
• Sportfix® Service Channels and Distribution Chambers for safe and efficient access and containment below ground of power and telecommunication cables.
• Sportfix® Soft kerbs for enhanced safety in locations around the athletics stadia or playing fields (sand pits/traps, shot put circle, play areas).
• Sportfix® Sand traps for long-jump and triple-jump runways
• Sportfix® Hurdles and Water Jumps in high-quality aluminum
Hauraton Sportfix® systems have been installed in major national and local sports stadiums, venues and facilities around the world. Some of the key UAE installations include Formula 1 Race Track at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi; Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi; Sky Venture in Yas Island, Abu Dhabi; Sport Complex at Dubai Sports City; Nad Al Sheba Sports Club in Dubai; Al Nasr Club Stadium in Dubai; Meydan Racecource in Dubai and Dubai Parks & Resort.
In Qatar, Hauraton Sportfix® systems' locations include Khalifa Sports City in Doha; Al Bayt Stadium in Al Khor; Al Rayyan Stadium and Precinct in Doha and Education City Stadium in Doha.
Other complementary systems provided by Hauraton include Drainfix®, a cost-effective infiltration and water storage system and the Aquafix®, range of separators for sustainable preservation of vital resources.
Affiliations and accreditations
Hauraton is a premium member of the ‘International Association for Sports and Leisure Facilities‘(IAKS). The company operates in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9001:2015. Products and systems have been extensively tested in accordance with recognised industry standards; Sportfix® standard drainage channels fully comply with DIN EN 1433:2002 and carry the CE Mark for consistent quality.
Should you require any additional assistance or information regarding your project design, please feel free to contact us.
More About ESAG Building Materials